THINKING..............thinking.........

Saturday, September 20, 2008


unsure how to put those "thinking thoughts" into words!

There is a contrast to things here and I can feel it.......... I can see it but can I express it on paper and in words??????????????

We have been "home" for a few days now. I went back to work and life is back to the usual busy times but as Grant comes home and adjusts to "non missionary life" (he was released from his full time mission Wednesday evening!) I was thinking of the experience "I" just had!

Grant came home and unpacked his belongings.........
one white shirt totally torn and saved to show me the remains of it from a "bike wipe out"
The other "white" shirts............somewhat grey
ties that were spotted and worn..........
Two suits, three pairs of well worn pants........unpacked.....
I will take the better of the two suits and see if I can get a tailor to "fix" the tear in the pant leg and the worn pocket tare so we can salvage one of his suits for the time being............
What am I saying?
The clothes were well worn from two years of use.............but Grants testimony and his experiences run deep within him and is felt. His excitement for the work he has just completed is felt and the "love" for the Hmong people is evident!
With those well worn clothes came a depth and a testimony from serving the Lord for two years.
It is OK that the clothes have been worn out because they were .......... "in the service of the Lord"
Elder Eric Zinn left one month ago today for the MTC then onto his mission. He had two suit cases packed with crisp white shirts, new ties and new suits..........he was excited and happy to go.......... the letters we have received indicate he is filled with enthusiasm and excited to go forth and do this work.............. but the depth of the testimony will be seen in two years when he returns with suits worn, shirts grey and ties spotted!
How GRATEFUL I am that FIVE of my children have had the experience of wearing out shoes and clothes in the service of the Lord.........
How GRATEFUL I am for WHO they become during the two years of service.

0 comments: