The adventures we've had are AMAZING!
Wednesday was such a FUN day.......................... In the morning Lisa, Clara and I walked Aidan to school. We came home and Clara and I enjoyed playing in the bonus room! Then we went to the park to had some "play time" and eat a picnic lunch!
Clara, as I told you,always has the "lead role" in some musical or play.............she is continually happy and dancing about! We took Clara to kindergarten then we returned home. I changed my clothes, packed a small bag and off I went to drive to Fresno, California! What a drive that was..............I drove in complete silence reflecting on so many things...........- gratitude for my family and making this trip possible for me
- gratitude to my Heavenly Father for sending me "eight" wonderful children to watch grow up to adulthood.
- gratitude for Grant and for him serving a mission
- I thought about Grant and wondered "who he had become"!
I found the church immediately.......... and was sitting in the parking lot going through my purse to organize things and get my camera out. I saw a white van pull up but did not pay much attention because I was busy doing this then I was going to walk the grounds of the Fresno Temple.........I hear someone say "Sister Zinn" and I look up.............surround by four BIG burly missionaries! They asked me if I would like to go see my son and they would "escort" me into the church...........well, YES I wanted to see him! What I did not know is Elder Zinn was in that van when it first pulled in and he asked how the procedure went .............they told him and he replied: "well that is my mother in that car"! ...........so off they went around to the other side of the parking lot to "deposit Elder Zinn " in the church and then get me........They walked me in and took me to a room where he was. As I saw him sitting there...........tears of joy filled my soul. It was a unbelievable experience..........We stayed in the room and immediately went forth "chatting, talking and enjoying" the moment! (at least I did!)
It was time for the program to begin so we went into the chapel......immediately a Hmong sister came to me and invited me to sit with them..........
- Opening Song........"Called to Serve"
- Opening Prayer
- Missionary Purpose
- Musical Number.........."Lord I would Follow Thee"
- Testimonies of new members who lives had been influenced because of the three departing missionaries.
- Intermediate Hymn "Each Life That Touches Ours For Good"
- Testimonies from missionaries (Elder Zinn was third)
- Closing Song........."God Be With You Till We Meet Again"
- Benediction..........
We then went to Warren and Leesa's home where we were fondly greeted and made to feel so welcome! We spent two nights there with them and their three children. I was able to have many conversations with them learning more of their heritage and culture. It was an amazing experience................




Thursday and part of Friday we went around to different members and I was able to meet and visit with a "few".........the ones that spoke no English were ones I just "smiled" and listened in amazement that Elder Zinn could speak to them so well!
Friday we drive to Yosemite National Park and spent some time there walking around. It was a beautiful day.............then onto Merced to visit with members and have dinner with some of them. We left dinner and came back to Sacramento to be with Scott and Lisa!

3 comments:
Sounds like a lovely, busy time.
Looks like things are going well.
Good pics, thanks.
fun to see some more pictures and hear more about it! sounds like you're both going to need a vacation when you get home! :)
can't wait to see all the great pictures
Post a Comment