SCOTT MICHAEL

Monday, May 9, 2011

HAPPY BIRTHDAY
SCOTT MICHAEL ZINN
5-9
My children have heard this story often but Scott was my mothers day gift so many years ago. It was May 8th, a Saturday and a beautiful day outside. We had worked and played outside all day long. I came in that evening exhausted and tired. I thought about the next day, Sunday and how I wanted to go to church but I did not know if I would because of the exhaustion yet I knew I should. I awoke during the night, in labor and the first through that came into my mind was, "well, I guess I do not have to decide if I am going to church today, I am going to go have a baby."! When I was pregnant with Scott I wondered if I would be able to love a new baby as much as I loved James. (OK.....I was young and did not understand this mother's love thing at first!)
Scott was placed in my arms and I realized then and would for all the other births that a Mother's heart is big enough to love MANY. Scott captured my heart at that first breath of life.


Scott could go off and play by himself and be totally happy! He had a smile that everyone loved.
From the beginning, Scott has been one who found "joy in the journey" what ever the journey might have been. He was sick from the start of life. At first they thought he had cystic fybrosis but and after a myriad of tests they said he had acute asthma. There were weekly shots from a very early age and the nurses would try to get his head turned away from the needle so he could not see it, but not Scott... he wanted to see it go into his arm and what was happening. Scott did not want to miss out on anything.

Scott played hard and slept hard.....sometimes right on the spot. He loved being outside and could find fun in whatever was there. One time we were driving to Iowa City and I could hear him in the back seat making rocket sounds. I knew he had not brought any toys and I took a quick look.....it was a rock he was playing with, which was a pencil. Creative and imaginative.

Scott fishing at Aunt MiMi & Uncle Harold's. Note his hair...he wanted to see what it was like to cut it himself. Next note his fish. Small but GREAT to Scott!

love, love, love those plaid clothes my boys wore
Oh what was I thinking?
We were in the Nauvoo Stake and Scott was a part of the Mormon Battalion as it was recreated.
In front of Scott was Patrick (his cousin) No one had more fun than Scott as they marched through the city that Saturday.
this is not a very clear picture but we went to Florida with Kay one year and the boys had much fun. We laughed at some of their adventures like getting water for a overheated car at a urinal in some gas station. (then it being too heavy for them to carry and who was going to carry it so most of it was gone from the bucket by the time they got back to the car!)
I liked their long skinny legs in this pictures.
The years come and go quicker than one can imagine at the time. It was hard to say good bye to Scott when he left for college, his mission and then back to college. I would miss his spirit within the walls of our home because wherever Scott was he brought happiness and laughter.....
But as it is meant to be, our children grow up and fall in love with a princess then they have children of their own which makes our hearts fill even more with LOVE!



Happy Birthday Scott &
THANK YOU for filling
my heart with LOVE.....and always
REMEMBER..

EIGHT "plus" is ENOUG TO FILL
MY HEART WITH LOVE!

3 comments:

Amanda said...

sweet post! Happy Birthday, Scott! Except, you put a picture of some amazon man in there with the beard, that HAS to be a mistake.

Scott Zinn said...

Thanks Mom for the thoughtful post!

The Lough Family said...

Very cute. Those stories sound a lot like Trev