FULL CIRCLE.......

Monday, May 16, 2011

Thirty two years ago my second son was about to be baptized. I was in Ace Hardware store and saw this #8 cookie cutter. In today's world that is NO BIG DEAL, but back then it was unusual. I hurried and bought it and was so excited that I could make cookies for his baptism and have #8 cookies! The tradition carried on for each of the Zinn children when they turned 8. Then seven years ago I was able to start the tradition with my grandchildren.
I flew out to California Friday to be in attendance at Clara's baptism and .....guess what????? THE #8 COOKIE CUTTER came with me! Clara and I did the cookies Saturday morning.....what a treat that was for ME!. It has significant meaning for me and touched my heart in so many ways. It started with her father and came "full circle" around to Scott's daughter. That cookie cutter has had a large following!

making the frosting
Cutting the cookies out
purple is Clara's favorite color these days
and dad came to the rescue with purple food coloring!

Clara's baptism was special with a beautiful program that brought the spirit to the entire room.
Songs were sung, prayers were said. Aidan did the talk on baptism......
A special musical number was sung by Clara, her mother and her Grandmother Holist. They sang like angels! .........

It was delightful.....
Then it came time for Clara to be baptized by her father......

Clara's Grandpa Holist talked on the Holy Ghost to Clara and he gave an outstanding talk that you could just "feel" the spirit of what he was talking about. We are truly blessed throughout our lives with this "gift".
This is Lisa's dad that spoke on the Holy Ghost. Throughout the program, except for his talk he held Jack. I asked him what he did for Jack to stay so quiet all through the baptism and he came up with a great solution. Jack LOVES "cookies" which are vanilla wafers....the mini ones. He let Jack keep his hands in the bag of cookies. That made Jack HAPPY just to hold onto them.
After the conformation which was done by Clara's dad they had refreshments. It was a beautiful table with yummy food that everyone enjoyed!

We arrived early to set up the table and Lisa put Clara in charge of setting it up. Clara is a mini Lisa with her "lists" of things to do and a plan in her head. She knew exactly how she wanted it done! (and that's the way it was!)
I am so grateful that I was able to be a part of Clara"s important day.....
It was a beautiful baptism.

Upon the return home there was some "play time" by all!

Wherever Aidan and Clara are.... you will find Jack!
they are so loving and so good to Jack and he
feels the same way about them.


Scott and Lisa are a beautiful couple and they are such good parents. Aidan, Clara and Jack are a delight to be with. My heart is full this day and I am humbly grateful to have the opportunity to be here!
I know how blessed I am and so happy that.......

EIGHT plus IS ENOUGH TO FILL MY HEART WITH LOVE!

0 comments: