CELEBRATION......

Monday, May 2, 2011

for Melissa and family!

We left Friday at Noon for Vincennes, IN for a weekend celebration of "great accomplishments"! We were the first to arrive........late Friday night the Aurora family arrived!
Marnie, Amanda, Ben & Owen arrived Saturday afternoon.


Finally everyone had arrived so we all went to lunch at the cute little cafe downtown.
That was FUN.....it took a little time to have them seat 13 of us.....but after a few minutes we sat down to a fantastic lunch.
Melissa completed nursing school thanks to several families in her ward that help her out with baby sitting, meals and children pick up so she could attend classes...... she wanted to have a THANK YOU dinner to show her deep appreciation to them for helping her accomplish her goal. We went over to church in the afternoon to set up the dinner that Melissa was going to serve to family and her friends that helped!
Melissa did all the food preparation and we did a little to add to the decorations! Amanda and Marnie busy setting things up for the dinner.
James & Ben.....Helping us?????
(they did do a lot and dishes)

Melissa had a dinner fit for a king.
she did it all herself, starting at 4:30 AM with the prep work
After dinner I took the kids to the Hotel to swim.
(I got out of the clean up detail!)


Savannah Mae Lough on her blessing day

Sunday morning we went to church and Savannah was given a name and a blessing at church. We took up two rows of pews at church with all the Zinn's and Ryan's parents. Eric came late Saturday night as he is in the midst of finals and could not go for the whole weekend but wanted to be a part of the "events" Sunday.

All those who came for the special day
After sacrament meeting we hurried home to eat a bite of lunch then off we went to Melissa's graduation pinning ceremony for her RN. The family was so proud of her and all that she has done to reach this point. Melissa defied all odds as she went to school with a husband serving as bishop (and is seldom home) a mother of two children and working part time IN ADDITION TO SCHOOL. She managed to graduate cum laude with that kind of load. After they came in as graduating class they presented someone who has sacrificed to help them get through school. Melissa walked to our place and presented the rose to:????????????

KAYLA

What a sweet gesture and through the rest of the ceremony Kayla just looked at her rose or would hold it up like a saber when people would clap. I am sure the rose should have gone to Ryan but she made Kayla's day and she was proud of her mother! (as we all were)
We tried to take pictures of her receiving her pin and diploma but our little cameras just could not do it. Amanda said to me....."Mom, we cannot compete with James camera and photo lens, lets just get copies of his prints." She was right. I only have one picture of the actual graduation ceremony and it is not very good.



Melissa after her graduation. Note her "RN pin"
We visited a little bit after the ceremony then James and family left to return home. We all were staying over until today so we played games, visited and just enjoyed the moment.
I have a friend she use to talk about "warm fuzzy feelings". That is the best way to describe how I feel right now. It was such a FUN weekend and now I have those warm fuzzy feelings tucked inside for the memories we have made this past weekend!
YOU know how I feel but I will say it one more time............

Eight "plus" is enough to fill my
HEART with LOVE!

How proud I am of all my children, grandchildren
and oh how much I love each of them

3 comments:

Brittany said...

What a beautiful family. Looks like you enjoyed your weekend. What wonderful accomplishments to celebrate!

Grant said...

wish we could have been there

The Lough Family said...

thanks for coming and all your help with the celebration. I couldn't have done it without the encouragement from my family.