MEMORIES.....

Monday, September 26, 2011
are 1/2 the fun of decorating for fall at my home!
Last week I brought out my fall decorations and I felt like an "old friend" came to see me.  As I unwrapped the items the memories came rushing forth.....That is what I love about decorating for the seasons.  Not only does it make my house look festive but so many good memories come to mind!

"AUTUMN......a time to gather together and be thankful for our blessings!"
How true that phrase is! 


This is a shelf in my living room wall and it is filled with fall
things that I have had for a lot of years.
I think some of the fun part is remembering how many
years I have had the decorations and the
memories I have of my children when they
were young!
Trick or Treating
costumes
candy
FUN FALL ACTIVITIES



This was something I got at a
Johnny Appleseed Festival
This wall hanging was made by my sister, Kay.
it is so detailed and has been a part of my decorations for about
10 years.  Each year as I bring it out, I think of the good times we
have had together as sisters and the multi talented person she is!
The pumpkin on the top of the black box was given to me by my sister Kay for my birthday
about 12 years ago.  I bring it out and I think about when she gave it to me
the boys were little and we had fun decorating then
playing halloween music, lighting the candles and enjoying the season!
The top two decorations come from my sister for a birthday.
the big pumpkin/ghost  in the front of the picture is a top
to a candy jar.  I had these for a long time
the boys loved the candy that I would put in the jar!
Yes.....you guessed it!  the little jar on the right....
well, it was a gift from my sister to me for my birthday.
I just remember how much the kids loved the
candles lit and the house aglow with halloween magic!
I just love decorating!

these cute decorations, the plate, the halloween and there is a darling
spider on the top of the plate that I cut off when taking was
.........yes, you guessed it, given to me by Kay.  But there is more to the story than that.
We were in Utah at a little gift shop.  We had been having such a good time
together celebrating Amanda & Ben's wedding.  The little shop was so cute.
I saw the plate and thought it was darling but did not have much extra $.
Kay did not see me looking at it, but she liked it herself so she GOT 2/  one for me and one for her.
This makes me smile each time I pull it out that she
likes the same things I do and she is so generous.
The spider on top was a recent addition that she gave me from
the Galesburg Cottage Hospital gift shop.  He is really cute! 


Rustic Hutch has always been a favorite place for me
I LOVE everything in there....
these little pumpkins were purchased years ago and bring
a festive feeling to my home!
The box is always filled with candy
The fram with the fall  picture was something I did
for the sisters I visit teach a number of years ago.
It was a note card from Rustic Hutch and i just
put the fall picture in a frame and gave it to them!
This cute pumpkin was given to me by some of my friends for my birthday one year.
choice memories of friends/celebration/and good times and fun dinner together!
This is a pumpkin bell I got but the ribbon it is tied with is from
Amanda's wedding reception and so I think about
her wedding each tie I pull out my pumpkin bell!

 "AUTUMN......
a time to gather together and be thankful for our blessings!"
I am so thankful for ALL my blessings....

EIGHT "plus" is enough to fill my HEART with LOVE!















2 comments:

Amanda said...

Looks like you're ready!! Well, except for the pumpkin ladle that I broke...still have my eye out for one!

Karen Lambarth said...

Your fall collection brings many memories to me also!