"The sense of smell can be extraordinarily evocative
bringing back pictures as sharp as photographic
of scenes that had left the conscious mind."
Thalassa Cruso
To Everything there is a Season
Spring is such a special time of year as we see the world come alive and bloom. It is so exciting to see the world come to life in color. I am so humbly grateful for the seasons we have!
I have a lilac tree in my back yard and last weekend I went out to cut some flowers for the table in my Sunday School class. I guess I got carried away because I had vases filled all over my home.....just walking in would bring the aroma of this beautiful flower.
Every time I smell this beautiful flower I think of my Grandmother. She did many things for us while growing up. She was an important part of our lives and she LOVED lilacs.....she had so many bushes in her back yard and each spring we would go there and pick them and fill our home. Just walking in her back yard would bring these flowers to life!
I love lilacs
I love the smell of them
I love the memories I have
as a sharp picture as if it is
just now unfolding for the first time!
I love spring time!
:)

1 comments:
very beautiful! I just hate how short they bloom each year
Post a Comment