MAY 9th is.........

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

SCOTT'S BIRTHDAY & MOTHER'S DAY!

Everyone KNOWS this story but bear with ME, once again! Scott arrived on Mother's day and it has always been something very personal and special to me! Such a special time in my life. I was trying to decide what I should do about going to church when I went to bed that Saturday night because I was not feeling very good but it was Mother's day and I should not stay home from Church then we had a special dinner to go to at my sisters house for our mother! As I awoke during the night in labor I thought, "the decision was out of my hands, I was going to have a BABY"! I was in the hospital way to long before I had James so I waited as home as long as I could and almost waited too long. Scott arrived Sunday morning and I could hardly believe my eyes. He had the "red" hair so James was not just a "fluke" but there was something to the "red" hair! (little did I know that would be the course for 5 out of the 6 sons I would have! plus the grand children that would someday come!) As a young mother I wondered what it would be like to have another child. Would my "heart" be able to "love" another child as much as I loved my first born. Scott Michael Zinn was put in my arms and I learned about MOTHER'S LOVE at a very young age.......before Scott came I did not know how this Mother's love worked! I would understand through the course of time how "one heart" could and would someday love ten children and then the opportunity to LOVE grandchildren!


Scott filled our home with "laughter & life"! He has always had a zest for adventure and fun. This is a "favorite picture of mine"!
FIRST: notice the missing hair right in the front. He cut it just to see what it was like to cut his hair! IF I combed it to the side it did not look too bad but of course it would never stay to the side. I was devastated as a young mother and now I just laugh at the simplicity of that problem.
SECOND: what kind of mother could I have been to put a very active young man in yellow shorts and a white shirt to go fishing in??? Note though that did not keep Scott from having fun!
THIRD: His older brother and cousin was at Aunt MiMi & Uncle Harold's for this fishing experience and we have pictures of each of the boys with their catch. The other two boys had "larger" fish but Scott was just as HAPPY with his catch! Scott had many health issues growing up and that brought obstacles but he was always HAPPY! He set his mind to do something and he did it. He worked hard and was/in a joy in my life!
The Scott Zinn story is still being written......Scott has worked hard throughout his life. Prince charming married the princess and they reside in California with MY THREE BEAUTIFUL GRANDCHILDREN! I am so blessed to have him enter my world on May 9th and teach me many things along life's way!

My next thought on this occasion is: ME....a MOTHER!

This is a picture of me .....shortly after becoming a mother for the first time! All of my life I wanted to grow up and become a mother. My grandmother would ask me when I was a little girl what I wanted to do when I grew up and I would say: "I wanted to be a mother and have 12 children"! Being a mother has been the joy of my life. I think of that picture and little did I know the experiences I would "someday have"! Many experiences......but the greatest of them all has been to be the mother of:
James David
Scott Michael
Melissa Ann
Marnie DeeAnn
Amanda Kay
Eric Matthew
Ashley Johanna
Grant Andrew
Cameron Spencer
Jason Tanner
I love them all very much and I hope they know and feel the love I have for each of them. Oh where would I be without them in my life! We are planning our first Zinn family reunion this summer and I THINK about it all the time and what it will be like to be together with them for a week along with their spouses and MY GRANDCHILDREN! I have to tell you that I have went to sleep many nights dreaming and thinking about this time. I have started gathering some things to do with the special grandchildren!

My next thought is: MY MOTHER
I have been so blessed in my life. My heart is full of gratitude! I am grateful for the mother I have and for her example throughout my life. I am HUMBLY GRATEFUL that I have been given the opportunity to be a mother AND that gift of Scott Michael's life that came to me on the day we celebrate MOTHERS! There are few words to describe the thoughts in my heart. Who every would have thought that little girl sharing with her grandmother what she wanted to do when she grew up would have those blessings given to her!?

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SCOTT !
HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!
to all those special Mother's

YES......"EIGHT (plus) is enough to fill my heart with LOVE"
THANK YOU
:)



2 comments:

Berry Family said...

You have such an amazing family & you are such a great mother & example.

Amanda said...

Happy bday to Scott. Love that profile picture of you. Beautiful!