Last summer Eric decided he wanted to make a Zen Garden......which is a "rock garden from japan. it is composed of rocks, water, flowers. It is usually small, surrounded by a wall and is meant to be seen while seated from a single viewpoint outside the garden such as a porch. They were intended to imitate the essence of nature and to serve an aid to meditation about the true meaning of life"
I have always LOVED my deck but there was a section of grass that had no meaning..
we put down bark one summer but it was such a waste of space. Eric, with his creative nature thought it would make a wonder zen/zinn garden. He started it last year and hit one obstacle after another. He proceeded to meet the challenges but it was never completed before the cold weather came. His goal was to finish it before the wedding and that goal was met. I can tell you that when ever I have a free moment you will find me out there. Last Sunday I went out at 6:00 AM and enjoyed the quiet of the early morning......I LOVE THE ZEN/ZINN garden.....!!
Here are some fun pictures that I enjoyed seeing from what it came from to what it now is!
| and the fun begins! along with a lot of mud, dirt, sweat, and toil! |
AND FROM THAT CAME THIS:
a place
I LOVE!!
I have no doubt it will be a favorite place of mine to enjoy!
THANK YOU ERIC for visualizing the Zen/Zinn Garden
from that piece of 'nothing'
EIGHT "plus" is enough to FILL my heart with LOVE

1 comments:
awesome!!
Post a Comment