Happy, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Thursday, August 5, 2010


GRANT ANDREW ZINN
:)
August 6th is the celebration of Grant coming to our family!
Each of my children come with their unique personality and sweet spirt.
Grant brought many things to our family.
I think of our family as a puzzle and each piece fits into another until the puzzle is complete and makes a beautiful picture (or in this case FAMILY!)
What does the Grant's piece bring:

Grant came into this world and our home was filled with LOVE! Not only did he have a MOTHER but three older sisters that took great care of him!
I had the opportunity to sort through some of Grant's pictures this past week as he is working on a project for me and I had a FLOOD of memories come. It is hard to believe that it has been 23 years since his birth.
He was my largest baby weighing in at 11 lbs......22 1/2 inches long and a head and chest measurement of 15! The night before I went into the hospital I could not sleep as it felt like he was doing some kind of war dance. The next day when I went to be induced they found out why..... he had turned sideways. The x-rays shows the maneuvers he went through to find a little more room. Finally he could stretch out but it also meant I had an emergency c-section. Which also meant he looked perfect and no cone head!! A PERFECT BABY BOY!!
He was loved by each of his siblings.
Grant was serious and had a keen mind to which he continually desired to learn whatever he could. We were able to get him into the first public Montessori school in our town. He immediately gravitated to that way of learning and took everything so seriously. His teacher had to make him go out for recess as he wanted to work through them. He was sad when Saturday came because he could NOT GO TO SCHOOL!! His mind soaked in all the things the montessori school could bring to him.



He started taking Suzuki Violin when he was 4 and had a great love of music! He continued with the violin through his junior year of high school. I saw his Suzuki teacher a few years ago and she asked me what Grant was doing. She said: "you can teach everyone how to play but there are those who have the "gift" and Grant was one of those students"!


No one had to tell Grant to practice the violin
No one had to tell Grant to do his homework
He just came to our family ready to scale mountains.
He served his mission among the Hmong people in California. I had the privilege to pick him up from his mission and I was able to see first hand his love for these people.
Grant is currently attending BYU and was just accepted into the Marriott School of Business.

"Brothers" discussing BYU classes
Owen with Uncle Grant!

HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRANT
If I had one wish it would be a
HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU FROM ME!

"EIGHT plus is ENOUGH to fill my HEART with
LOVE
:)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Grant!!

The Lough Family said...

Cute Granty!

Amanda said...

Love you G! Happy birthday!!

Cameron said...

Happy birthday Pedr.... er, Grant. May all your wildest dreams come true.