All good things

Sunday, August 22, 2010

MUST come to an END!



Today, after we go to church we must pack up and leave Galesburg . I have been here for a little over a week!!
It has been FUN and I feel sad to see it end....but I have to return home and back to work so I can start to build up my vacation time for another year!!
If anyone asked what "fun" things we did.....it would not seem so exciting, BUT it is one of those things that are not explained in "events" but more "quality family time"!
Spending a week with my mom, sisters nieces and Amanda/Owen has been memorable to say the least!
Saturday we went to a quant little shopping area called Seminary Street



(have walker will travel)

then for a drive out to Lake Bracken when I have many great childhood memories with my Grandma and Grandpa Zimmer.

Amanda is so good with my mother. She took Grandma to therapy Friday.....just the two of them and I was able to have quality Owen time. (yes, we spent much of it on the front porch watching the cars go by!!)

(this one is for you aunt marnie!)



Grandma asked Amanda if she should tell them she was a therapist and Amanda said NO....so she walked into therapy and said: "this is my granddaughter and she is a therapist"! Grandma is just proud of her family and I know the feeling. Well, Amanda had to quickly explain it was SPEECH and not PHYSICAL therapy! It was a fun hour for all of us but maybe Grandma. Amanda said they work her hard in those session and she is tired after they are over.
(just a little cat nap)


Every night my niece, her children and my sister connie would come over. We would eat, laugh, play games and just talk. It has been a great week and I am able to take back with me the "warm sweet memories" of this past week.




THANKS FAMILY YOU are the best and do so much to make it FUN!

1 comments:

Karen Lambarth said...

Owen is so cute!
Glad to finally see you in pic!
I know its hard to be in a pic if you're the picture taker . . . . and have a vision of what you're going to do w/them later!
Hope your drive wasn't so bad.