HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my MOTHER!

Sunday, March 21, 2010
Today is my mothers 92nd birthday! She is a beautiful woman and I wanted to devote this blog to her on this special day.
As I was looking through my pictures to pick a few for my blog I saw the first one then I ran across this one.......

The same "Grandma" and the same "grandson".....just a few years apart! :)
This is her first Grandchild and she set a pattern early on of being a GREAT GRANDMA! The boys would beg to stay all night at Grandma's house......When they got a little older it meant bicycle rids to Lincoln Park with them, it meant Grandma's famous French Toast, it meant playing boggle for hours with her, it meant walking down town and maybe even having lunch at Little King Restaurant. Grandchildren have grown up but they all "esteem her"
What have I learned from her???
She "loves" her children and grandchildren" always making them feel special and cared about. Serving them favorite foods!
She always "eats healthy"!
She cares "how she looks" and takes pride in her appearance. Even working around the house she would look fantastic. She keeps an immaculate home! She was out on a ladder last May washing her windows! Her floors could be "eaten upon" because they are so clean.
She worked outside the home until she retired at the age of 80!
She would ride her bike all over Galesburg or walk and walk and walk everywhere for exercise!
She is a GREAT cook!!
She has always given to others be it her famous cinnamon rolls or cut out cookies!
She has always served the Lord and was an example to us on a standard of excellence in everything she does.
I am grateful that she was born 92 years ago today!
I can see the things that I have learned are now being passed onto my children as they establish their homes and their families. We are linked together generation after generation learning the "good things" that we pass onto our children and someday my grandchildren will hopefully pass them onto their children. We are linked together one generation after another for "time & all eternity" I am grateful for that knowledge.
Happy Birthday Mom!
:)
enjoy your day
& know you are loved!!

1 comments:

Amanda said...

Great post! I sure love her. She's amazing.