I cannot think of ANYTHING that brings me "more joy" than to be with my family!! I love any time we can "spend time together" and this weekend was no exception!! Close my eyes........and this song is played out in my mind!
Is this the little girl I carried?
Is this the little boy at play?
I don't remember growing older
When did they?
When did she get to be a beauty?
When did he grow to be so tall?
Wasn't it yesterday
When they were small?
Sunrise, sunset
Sunrise, sunset
Swiftly flow the days
Seedlings turn overnight to sunflowers
Blossoming even as we gaze
Sunrise, sunset
Sunrise, sunset
Swiftly fly the years
One season following another
Laden with happiness and tears
What words of wisdom can I give them?
How can I help to ease their way?
Now they must learn from one another
Day by day
They look so natural together
Just like two newlyweds should be
Is there a canopy in store for me?
Sunrise, sunset
Sunrise, sunset
Swiftly fly the years
One season following another
Laden with happiness and tears
Now they are grown up with children of their own!
I thought about all this as I drove to Columbus on Friday. We were doing a baby shower for Amanda. I reflected during my drive there on "her and her life". She has brought much "JOY" into my life.....but........was it not just yesterday she was a tiny baby ......the joy and happiness I felt with her arrival (as I did with EACH of my children!) and now she is about to be a mother! "SWIFTLY FLY THE YEARS"!
Melissa and Marnie did a baby shower for Amanda.
Lots of preparation went into it and I have to say the decorations were "amaZINNg"!! (thanks to all of Marnie's hard work!)
Friday brought temperatures in the 70's and MUCH SUNSHINE....such a pretty day. Saturday, the day of the shower brought RAIN RAIN and even more RAIN but that did not stop the sunshine inside. BUT, to carry all the food and decorations in was a real PAIN. We were quite "wet" but it was well worth it!! :)

Amanda's only request was NO GAMES.......she does not like the dorky games that are played at showers so instead of games we gave people an opportunity to "create" a scrap booking page for a baby album! Let the creating begin with a little "help" from Marnie!
Lots of fun things were received for Owen to start life out with.......As Amanda opened the gifts Meghan scribed the list of things for Amanda!...(so when did Meghan grow to such a beautiful woman....not only are my children grown but now my grandchildren!)
It was so much fun to be together for this great event. Melissa drove here from Vinceense IN, Meghan and Tam drove here from Chicago and I from Ft. Wayne. (for once it was ME who had the shortest drive!) I LOVE being with family. We spent Saturday evening discussing the FIRST Zinn FAMILY REUNION events that are to transpire in July and I am more than excited. The thought of being with all my children (OK....with the exception of Elder Zinn) and all my grandchildren is beyond any words I could express!
"EIGHT (plus) IS ENOUGH TO FILL MY HEART WITH LOVE!"

3 comments:
It was a fun weekend! Sad they end so quickly!
Everyone looks great! Glad you guys had a fun weekend together.
I'm so glad you have your camera back!
I loved the 'girls' pic.
Great shower!
Post a Comment