Most of my projects have been completed and are in the mail with a prayer they arrive before Christmas! I started "early" on the books. It was October but that was not soon enough because it has been a marathon to have them finished in time. Once November hits in Retail "time" is non existent! BUT I put the last of my projects in the mail Saturday!!
This is the Missionary book I did for Elder Zinn and it marks the 10th one I have done.
(YES, Scott I have perfected my book making over the years, but is that not how life is.....hopefully we are each perfecting our own lives and YES, I would LOVE to carry on the tradition of making them for my missionary grandchildren BUT one family member has to get their letter in a little earlier so there is NOT so much STRESS to get the book in the mail! )
It is such an interesting experience to do. It has been the ONE gift all of my missionary children talked about and expressed joy in receiving......but it is the ONE gift I have done that has brought me an assurance that it is OK they are away and serving the Lord. The spirit is strong while I am doing the books and I feel a sense of sadness when I mail it off...as I love looking and reflecting upon the book each day as the book fills up. I wish I could put all the pages in my blog of each family and friend who wrote in the book to make it complete!
I did books for each of my grandchildren and that was another exciting experience as I completed each book! I wondered IF the book would be a reminder to my grandchildren of HOW MUCH I LOVE THEM. It was so fun this year as I was making Meghan's one evening and she was busy texting me. We went back and forth with our messages and she asked if I had an amaZINNg day.......I told her "YES" and I wanted to tell her WHY????? I was working on HER book and I felt so amazed because she was such a beautiful and wonderful granddaughter. It was so tempting but I did not.........I will share that experience with her after she receives her book!
It is now Christmas morning! I did this blog last Sunday evening and could not get my pictures uploaded to the blog.......I asked Cameron to H E L P me and he did look and said....."I have no idea where they are"? I do not give up easily so I tried another day then felt frustrated. This computer can do EVERYTHING and THEN SOME but the operator is not computer smart.... so I finally broke down and asked James for H E L P yesterday.....we got on shared screen and guess what......THERE THEY WERE! I told him how they would not be in the file I had.... and proceeded to put some other pictures in the file so he could see....and guess what.....they were right there! I have been doing this for awhile and never had problems but have the last few times. Of course he laughed but it is not funny to ME! I want to be able to do all the things this computer can do and with the knowledge of James. It just is NOT going to happen but I can still WISH!
I am sleeping on the living room couch and awoke early........I am the biggest culprit of EXCITEMENT for the day wanting to have everyone open their gift from me! That is the part of love......not the receiving but the giving.......
although I have to say......sometime while I was sleeping a BIG BOX appeared in my living room for ME and I can hardly wait to open it........that is the first thing I saw when I opened my eyes and like the excitement of a child...I could NOT GO back to sleep! When is everyone going to wake up.......Could it really be what I think it might be???????????
How did they do it??????????
Such EXCITEMENT and anticipation???
I never dreamed it would be a reality......only DREAMED of it???????!!!!!!!!!!!!!
YOU will just have to stay tune to know what it is in the BIG box! That is if I can get the picture into my blog file to download the picture of it!
MERRY CHRISTMAS

0 comments:
Post a Comment