I have had many feelings and thoughts this day! Sleep still is not coming very easily for me even thought I have started decreasing the prednisone.
TREVOR........ has dramatically warmed up to "Grandma Barb"! We have come so far. He came down stairs this morning and gave me a big hug and smile. We made little balls out of the watermellon and he loved helping me then eating it. When I came home from work I was greeted with another big hug and he jumped up for me to pick him up. We hugged and kissed and smiled and he laughed and laughed. While I was finishing up with getting Kayla out of the of the "tubby" he told Cameron in no uncertain terms that he only wanted "Grandma Barb to put him in bed." IF you don't know Trevor it is a MAJOR breakthrough. Hopefully he will learn that "girls" are way OK!!
KAYLA......... has been such fun to be with. She is all girl but can hold her own. She does love being here BUT she has talked the last two days about how much she loves her mom and misses her. When we do things together she will tell me what she does with her mom............ Eric and Cameron struggled for a half hour to figure out how to put her hair in a pony tail. She told the boys that her mommy was the "bestest hair person in the whole wide world".
Day six was spent with both Eric and Cameron. When I got home I asked my boys if they took any pictures and they just LOOKED strange at me. ......... Like "how did we have time to take pictures"!??? they fed the kids breakfast........ played with them........ took them to lunch.... then YES.........to the PARK but this time a different park!! They got home shortly before I did!!
Eric started this little project! I purchased the YELLOW BARBIE VW years ago when Meghan was a little girl playing with Barbies. Well, TREVOR has always LOVED playing with the VW. It just bothered Eric that he would fly around with a yellow car with flowers all over it........ so Trevor and him decided to make it a RACE CAR! Trevor did say he liked the flowers but is happy to get a RACE car instead!!
When they came home from the park Eric gave Trevor a fudge cycle. I am driving home and my phone rings! Trevor is upset because he is filled with fudge cycle and his shirt is dirty with it. The boys don't know what to do.........SIMPLE I told them.... clean him up and let him change his clothes!!He was happy and still ate all his dinner!
Remember....... "eight plus is enough to fill my heart with love. I am having such fun.........EXHAUSTING FUN but choice memories for each of us!!..............

2 comments:
I am glad they are having fun. I am starting to miss them. Enjoy the day.
This will make you appreciate melissas role as a mom even more, and she'll be an even better mom after this break from them!
Post a Comment