ERIC MATTHEW ZINN

Wednesday, April 25, 2012



Was born on April 25th
which means it is
HAPPY BIRTHDAY ERIC
:)

I listen to my adult children say how "quickly" their children are growing up! I just "smile" and say quietly "I KNOW"!
I can close my eyes and remember when "each of my children" came into this world and joined our family. Their little ones are still "little".  My little ones have all grown up to wonderful adults.... but I smile because I don't think they have any idea I DO KNOW!
 When some of my children talk about the "big head" their babies have, I just "smile" and say quietly "I KNOW"!
Was it not just yesterday that Eric was born?
Eric was born Wednesday, April 25th.  I  went to my OB doctor for a routine visit and was told to go immediately to the hospital.  Eric had been "transversed" during my pregnancy and they had concerns. 



He arrived at 3:30 PM weighing in at 10 lbs 2 ozs and was 22 inches long with a head measurement of 15 inches and chest 14 1/2. 

This beautiful baby had colic so the first
6 months were rough but he basically
was a HAPPY BABY!
It was not always easy being #6 in a family
especially with THREE older sisters who all
thought they should be his "boss"
Look at his beautiful blond hair... and his HAPPY SMILE!
It would always melt my heart
YES.....it could be TOUGH
Eric with a black eye!
 so many telling him what he
could and could not do.

I have told this story often but it really is a favorite of mine.  Amanda is only 18 months older than Eric and she was the "leader".  Amanda loved to play school.  She was the teacher and Eric was the student and of course she told him WHAT TO DO!  I can remember well the first time Eric REALIZED he DID NOT have to do what she told him and he said NO to Amanda!  Amanda was in SHOCK and Eric felt empowered!
Eric did not have much of a chance either at home with his three older sisters or at church in
his primary class for he was the only boy!
GIRLS, GIRLS, GIRLS
this picture is from left to right
Eric
Fiona Loraine Every
Brianna Stump
_______Herrington
Amanda Bennington

When I think of Eric these are the adjectives that I think describe Eric


CUTE
STRONG
COURAGE
SPIRITUAL
OBEDIENT
ARTISTIC
COMPASSIONATE
SPECIAL SPIRIT
HANDSOME
TALENTED
CREATIVE
HAPPY
FAITH
FUN

I admire Eric......he has made so much of "who he is" and working hard on "who he is becoming!



The most important ingredient in Eric's life is.........

testimony of Jesus Christ.
This is a collage that was done while he served his mission
I loved this picture as every missionary in the Florida Ft. Lauderdale Mission picture was put on this picture.  How appropriate for each of us in our life to think of us being a part of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
His call to serve the Lord

Preparing to serve his mission







The ends and outs of being a missionary





Eric is a FUN FILLED UNCLE






Eric is a good brother



A good Son

A good Grandson

After Eric's return from his mission he enrolled in IPFW and is working towards his degree.  I can tell you one thing and that is Eric is multi talented and can do MANY things and CREATES beautiful things.
When Eric returned home he also return to the Young Single Adult Branch and it was not too long after that he met a young woman also attending the Summit Branch......He fell in love with

Irene Carriel

so needless to say we were excited when
Eric finally proposed to Irene






beautiful ring for a beautiful woman
We look forward to July 7th when our family will gather together in Nauvoo, IL and go to the house of the Lord where we can witness Eric & Irene join together and begin their eternal marriage!

I have also told this story often but when Eric was a little boy he would dress up like super man and he played the part from head to toe.  There were times I worried he really thought he was and would try to fly from something on high! Well, Eric grew up and in my eyes....he really is a SUPER MAN!



Eric......the sky is the limit on what you can do in life!


Happy Birthday Eric
& remember

Eight "plus" is ENOUGH to FILL my HEART with
LOVE!

0 comments: