Mother's Day was May 9th.......

Wednesday, May 9, 2012


in 1971

Let me share with you my "thoughts, memories and experiences" of that day......
We had worked in the yard on May 8th and was outside most of the day.  I came in, took a shower and was thinking about church the next day.  I wanted to go but did not know if I could..... exhaustion was throughout my body.  9 months pregnant and to take a 2 1/2 year old to church and try to keep him quiet was more than I thought I could handle.
This picture was taken Easter Sunday....a week before Scott came into the world!

I awoke shortly after midnight and thought......."the decision has been made for me, I AM NOT GOING TO CHURCH (even though it was Mother's day) I was GOING TO THE HOSPITAL AND HAVE A BABY!
What a beautiful baby I had to bring into our home.  
a proud mama!

tiny, pink and red haired Scott!


As time went on Scott grew  from that "tiny red headed boy" into a bustling toddler.  From the try beginning you could see that Scott had a "zest" for life!


"look at this smile" Scott loved everything about life!

Look how HAPPY Scott is.....always smiling and loving life!

Happy First Birthday Scott!

Brookfield Zoo..... scott looks sweet and innocent does he not but we had just saved a lot of baby chickens from being
smashed by Scott....he had red tennis shoes on and I look over and there he is trying to step on the baby
chickens in the children's part of the zoo.  We swept him up and took him for ice cream


My heart was full of love for my boys!

Growing up
Tonka Trucks were always amongst Scott's favorites

visiting in Salt Lake City Utah

random favorite pictures that bring fond memories of "good times"







All grown up......and enjoying life"!
passing onto his children the love of adventure!

and a testimony of the Gospel of Jesus Christ

and a sense of extended family support
Grandma Thurman was so excited when she found out Scott was coming
to Aurora for our family reunion.  She was unsure if she could make the
trip at the age of 93....but when she found out Scott & family was coming
she said "I CAN DO IT"! (and she did)
LOVE.....





Brothers
catching up with cousin on the adventures of days gone by


Years come and go...
blink your eyes and that tiny baby
grew into a beautiful man
with
a beautiful family!
The Scott Zinn family!

The ABC's of SCOTT:
Adventuresome
Beardly (at times)
Courageous
Driven
Energizing
Fun
Giving
Happy
Intense with passion
Jubilant
Kind
Loving
Mountain biking
Nice
Open
Patient
Quiet
Right
Stubborn
True
Understanding
Violinist
Wisdom
X-citing
Young 
zinn

Happy, Happy Birthday Scott!
I LOVE YOU!
:)
& remember:
Eight Plus is enough to fill my hart with love!
























































0 comments: