of 2011 is here!
It is hard to believe that another year is about to decent upon us! We have no idea what it will hold but if it is like 2011, it will be a good year ahead!
As I reflect back on this past year I see the wonderful things my life has been "laced" with!
There was an article in the December Ensign Magazine by President Henry B. Eyring:
THE CHOICE TO BE GRATEFUL. He talked about having a grateful heart. He went on to say there is a connection between gratitude and happiness. He talked about the challenge to count our blessings because we have a tendency to take good things for grated. I have been working hard for a few months now to make a more conscious choice to express gratitude for all that I have. It is an amazing experience.
2011 has been a good year and one filled with sweet memories!
January 2011
took us to Aurora to spend four days with James, Tam and family. It was fun to be together and each other......
While in Aurora we were able to attend Meghan's basketball game at church
|
Watching Meghan's b-ball game
|
February
brought the celebration of Cameron's birthday
we went to Columbus OH to celebrate with Amanda, Ben, Owen & Marnie
AND a brand new Grand baby to LOVE!
Savannah Mae Lough
Jerilyn and I went to a school to read some Dr. Suess Books (Dr. Suess's Birthday)
it was fun as the children we read to were special needs children
and they captured both of our hearts!
|
The first of March
I went to the Lough's and helped out with the children.....Are you thinking I went to help Melissa while she recovered from having her baby??......NOT! Savannah was just a week old and Melissa returned to her classes at school....I went for a week to help her out so Savannah could stay home since she was so young.
Grandma Barb is in Heaven holding this new baby!
|
April
was a trip to Columbus, OH to celebrate Owen's 1st birthday
The birthday party was "perfect"!
and FUN!
Happy Birthday Eric
MAY
So the "Readers Digest Version of this story is........the exhaust fan "died" in our bathroom and Cameron could not stand it so he went out and bought one and though how hard could it be to put it in....
He enlisted Eric's help but they broke off some part by accident so Eric got a BIGGER and BETTER exhaust fan that had a heater right in.....major operation.....a few extra holes to patch up and it was installed PERFECTLY......but the floor looked so bad with the new light that went with the exhaust fan so Eric laid this flooring. The wood had to be treated, carpet scraped up and the flooring laid down. It was a major project but one that I LOVE the finish work!
May also brought a trip to Melissa's & Ryan's for a
double celebration!
Savannah was given a name and a blessing at church
It was fun to be together and have so many of my
family join together for this celebration.
| The Lough family with Grandma Barb |
YES, we are still in May...
:)
I jumped on a plane and flew to Sacramento, CA
to join the Scott Zinn family
in the celebration of Clara's baptism
![]() |
| Clara & her Dad |
| This meant I was able to spend some time with Jack (along with Aidan & Clara) |
WOW...... May WAS a busy month! but finally ,,
JUNE
arrived
Ben had to go to Washington for a class so Amanda and Owen came for a visit.....
that was F U N to have them both here but especially to have Owen bring "life/laughter" to our home!
JULY
was busy but I THINK I stayed in Ft. Wayne
Had to take time to build up some more vacation time
at work! :)
AUGUST...
was something I had looked forward to for a LONG time
the entire Zinn family was going to be together & my
mother and sister was also going to join us
James opened his home and it accommodated all of us
and I cannot begin to tell you the blessings I felt to have my entire family
under one roof. It is a Mother's dream come true.
James and Tam hired a photographer to record
these moments and the pictures are priceless to me!
![]() |
| My grandchildren |
![]() |
| My children and their spouses |
SEPTEMBER
was another month I stayed home, worked to build up that Vacation time.
OCTOBER..
brought a trip to Ohio and we went to the Apple Orchard and picked apples among other fun things we did that weekend. Owen had a lot of fun with the apple picking! The real bonus was "eating" them at the moment of picking!
I took some time off and drove to Galesburg in October to spend time with my sisters and mother. It was so much fun but the time goes way faster than I want it to go........
November
| Thanksgiving with "most of the Zinn family" |
| Grant & Katie came from Utah to join our Thanksgiving festivities and we LOVED having them with us! |
| My house is not "large" but somehow we all fit into it and even had FUN |
KNOW the ZINN's?????? When we get together you have to have some kind of project! This was a BIG project but they somehow managed to accomplish it.....and that was to ORGANIZE my attic...and organize it they did! (Yes, Grant & James....Christmas is put away and it is still ORGANIZED in the attic!)
DECEMBER
Is such a special time of year!
I am so grateful for my beliefs and the knowledge I have for the
"reason for the season"
I think 99% of the public has forgotten it as they shopped at Target this past season.
It was a rough one for everyone that worked but I could come home to this and gently remind myself
of the gratitude I have for my testimony.
We had a little birthday party for Marnie when she arrived and the weekend festivities began!
Christmas was a little different this year but still so wonderful...
We went to church, came home and opened our gifts....
we were able to Skype with all our family so it was like they
were ALMOST here with us......
I think everyone was happy.....
That is the highlights of events in the Zinn home for the year of 2011!
One does not know what 2012 will hold....I am working hard to build my vacation time up at work so that whatever it is I am ready to be a part of it!! Amanda and Ben will bring a new baby daughter into this world in March......
I love all the choice memories 2011 has brought and look forward to 2012! memories. In addition to my sign off logo of:
EIGHT "plus" IS ENOUGH TO FILL MY HEART WITH LOVE!
REMEMBER:
WE have the CHOICE TO BE GRATEFUL
I am humbly grateful










2 comments:
Barb , you have a wonderful family. I wish I had your Faith and strength. You are an amazing Person. I just love seeing all your family pictures and info. Thanks for all you do. Mary Keeling
What a busy year!
Post a Comment