SPECIAL

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

WEEKEND!!!
We have looked forward to this past weekend for a "long time"! Owen Lee Goates blessing. Of course that gave us the "excuse" to spend time together with five out of my eight children & five grandchildren! It was just a delightful weekend from beginning to end. If I had to say there was one sad thing it was that it went by way too quickly!
We arrived Friday early afternoon and had some quiet time with Owen.

Uncle Cameron meeting Owen for the first time!

We hung around with Marnie, Amanda, Ben and the Ft. Wayne Zinn's (Cameron & me) Friday afternoon and evening. It was FUN!! We spent time at Marnies and enjoyed pizza.
James and family arrived "late night or early morning"......whichever you prefer to call it. Melissa and family arrived "early morning" but everyone was up bright and early to have a fun filled day!!
PRESENTS:.....it is always fun to receive presents! I taught my Sunday School class a few weeks before this weekend and it was on Hannah and Samuel. I was so touched as I studied this lesson. There is a print of a painting called: FOR THIS CHILD I PRAYED. I wanted to get it for them and after a little "investigative" work I was able to put it together!


We visited at Amanda & Ben's and passed Owen around......then we all went to lunch
Then onto Magic Mountain! Everyone enjoyed the time there:

Miniature golf!
I volunteered to go first and take the grandchildren.....sounded good! Marnie thought she would come along to HELP me. I thought I could do it but was wrong. I am dealing with cellulitis in my leg and about 1/2 way through I realized that was a mistake. I could not do it because Trevor decided he did not like waiting for all of us to finish our hole and would go onto the next. Thank heavens it was not busy. Marnie and I decided to quit playing and just try to keep up with Trevor!! We found the rest of them. Trevor was quite upset because he did the last hole and they TOOK HIS BALL! We tried to explain it but he did not like it. I gave him my ball and went to sit down. By then I knew I should NOT have done this and sad to say, I had to leave Marnie to handle the situation. They played the other course and Trevor kept warning everyone not to play the last hole as it would not give you back your ball!
Onto the next event:




GO CARTING!






The younger children were able to do the junior go carts.


Then to the batting cage and then the arcade!

Ben
James & Meghan

Sunday came and we gathered for brunch then to church for Owen's blessing! I am humbly grateful to be a part of this great event!
Proud Mom & Grandmother with Owen

The "boys"
some of the Zinn family!

It is hard to choose and decide what pictures to put in my blog and as you can see I posted many yet there are so many more I would love to do. Each shows a special moment we experienced. I LOVE my family and I LOVE when we can all get together!! It is hard and I know the sacrifice that is made for these events to have as many as they do in attendance!
THANK YOU Amanda, Ben and Owen for such a delightful weekend!

EIGHT "plus" IS ENOUGH TO FILL MY HEART WITH LOVE !

(see you all in four weeks for a week of FUN!)

1 comments:

Amanda said...

great pictures! I love the picture of Melissa in the go cart! Thanks for coming. It wouldn't have been the same without you!