Happy....Happy Birthday.....

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

MELISSA

August 19, 1975 brought a NEW joy into our home! TWO sons were a part of our family and now a "daughter" was to join our circle. I thought our family was complete...(little did I know there were be seven more!)
It was a joy beyond measure to bring this daughter home and into our lives!



Melissa Ann Zinn
My heart was filled with such JOY!
After two boys Melissa was ALWAYS in ruffles and frills. She learned to crawl with all those frills! With TWO older brothers and a cousin who was with us daily....she learned early on to "hold her own" with James, Scott & Patrick!







Melissa was never wavering in her determination. I remember well her kindergarden teacher told me she was definitely a leader. She would finish her work and then go forth and help everyone else. (It was not a Montessori School!) Then when she was in 5th grade her teacher told me that she was a DETERMINED young lady....and it would be my challenge to make sure that determination was channeled in the right direction. IF it was she could do anything... if it was not...well, we were both in trouble.

Well, there were many wonderful experiences along the way....but you can see for yourself Melissa grew up....... DETERMINED and it was channeled in the right direction!
I would like to share a "few" experiences along life's way.....
When Melissa was baptized at eight she was asked to bear her testimony in primary and they invited us in. Melissa's grandma and aunt were here for the event. We slipped in and there she was in her white dress standing there bearing her testimony of the Gospel and telling everyone how much she LOVED her family. I had the experience to see her standing there.....not as an 8 year old but as a beautiful young woman grown up! It was a tremendous experience for me.

NEXT experience.....I was serving in YW and Melissa was there. It was joint meeting in the chapel and they were asked to come up and share with everyone who had been a great influence upon their life and why......the girls got up one by one and shared their choice. It was usually a leader, parent or teacher. Melissa stood up and said......"my elder bother Jesus Christ" and then went on to say why. There was not a dry eye in that chapel and I saw a young woman with wisdom beyond her age.

NEXT experience was when she was serving her mission in Argentina and she broke her leg. It was one long and hard trial for her for MANY MONTHS.......DETERMINATION...to stay when others thought she should come home! YES. A letter that came from Sister Clark, Melissa's companion, who's mother had died while she was there serving and Sister Clark sharing with me the influence and impact Melissa was upon her and the help she was to get through the tough time!
NEXT.....her sacrifice and LOVE for her younger siblings. She truly was a second mother to them.
I remember often praying to Heavenly Father that I could never make up to her all that she had done for her family but I prayed that she would find a worthy young man to marry her and treat her with the ROYALTY she was so deserving of....for truly she is a DAUGHTER OF GOD who loves her very much!
She is now a wife and supports a husband who is a bishop
she is a mother to Kayla and Trevor who keeps her on her toes at all time
she is a full time student of nursing, she works part time, keeps their house running, serves in the YW presidency.......
DETERMINATION = MELISSA
she is the definition of that word!
Melissa, I LOVE YOU beyond any words I can write.....
I pay tribute to you as a daughter and a woman.....you are not only serving your Heavenly Father but you are an example to everyone you come in contact with
HAPPY BIRTHDAY! and take a "little time" for YOU! :)













2 comments:

Amanda said...

yep, she's for sure the favorite! :) kidding...sort of! HAPPY BIRTHDAY MISSY

Barb Zinn said...

I TOLD YOU..........ALL OF MY CHILDREN ARE MY FAVORITE! I COULD I CHOOSE.....all eight bring something special into my LIFE!