GRANT ANDREW ZINN.......

Monday, August 6, 2012

turns 25 today

HAPPY BIRTHDAY 

GRANT ANDREW ZINN

I talked to Grant today and I asked him how he felt about his birthday and he said, "I cannot believe I am going to be 25"!  Well, I told Grant I, his mother cannot believe he is going to be 25! :)  Where did those years go?  He was just born !

Grant weighed in as the largest baby I had
Grant was born via a c section because he was tired of being in
tight quarters so during the night before I went in to be induced (because they knew he was getting BIG)
 he turned from head down
to transverse and loved the added room he had.

Grants stats were
8-6-87
born at 12:57
weighing 10 lbs 15 ozs
he was 22 1/2 inches long
his head was 15 inches
and his chest was 15 inches.
When Grant was born they took him to the nursery and he was the TALK of the nurses that worked there and the TALK of other parents who would go to the window and say: "I am looking for that BIG BABY!....I learned to be careful what you say in those situations as the parents could be right there!
Grant brought IMMEDIATE JOY to my heart
For the most part he was a fantastic baby and never cried unless his needed something (like food or a diaper change)
He not only had me as his mother but his three big sisters to take care of any need he had.  He was very close to Melissa as a small child.......Grant went to her if I was not there!
His biggest "quirk" was when he was mad at us he would take his shoes & socks off while I was driving or sometime his clothes.  Once he was REALLY MAD at us and stripped down to go outside to play.  We became wise after that and if he was not happy with us we would watch him closely so we could detour this punishment to US?!
For the most part Grant was a delightful baby and toddler.  He continued to grow and was responsible from day one.

look at Grant's smile.....does it not make you want to giggle and laugh
Grant was such a joy
bringing happiness to our home

The SMILE never changed through Grant's growing up years

And that SMILE has always brought joy to my heart
It was so exciting to have Grant return from his 2 year mission

Watching Grant Grow up was a pleasure
Ghost Busters were amongst his favorite!
Grant loved the cake we created!
young or "older"
birthday's were always celebrated
I really cannot put into words all the feelings I have about Grant. 
He was a strength to me during some really challenging times
I could trust him with anything
he was responsible
he made our house "happy"

Grant is smart
serious
he never wanted to go out for recess but stay inside and work
homework came first
Suzuki violin was important and
he had such a love for music
and TALENT......
His violin teacher said: 'you can teach
anyone to play an instrument, but
you find those select people
who you teach and they
have so much
TALENT
when they learn to play
and Grant has Talent!!
Grant served the Lord "always"
He took his responsibilities seriously
when he was in high school he would
take the sacrament to the shut in's and those
in the nursing home.  At that time there were many
and in nursing homes all over the city.  He would leave after church
and it would take about 4 hours for him to do this responsibility
Grant NEVER COMPLAINED
he went
he did
he served
the Lord
so when it came time for him to go on a mission
the only question he had was
"WHERE DO YOU WANT ME LORD"
and the answer came
Teach my Hmong people
He did
and he did it well!

While Studying at BYU Grant met
Katie Parker
and it did not take long
for them to decide
the next step!




This Thursday Grant will graduate from
BRIGHAM YOUNG UNIVERSITY
I am sad, of course, because
I will miss this event in his life.
It is a great accomplishment
but I had to choose
graduation
or
seeing my 11th
granddaughter when she is born
next month.
Of course, I chose being able to
meet this sweet baby girl

Directly after Graduation Grant & Katie
will head to Houston, TX
where Grant will begin his new job!
and the next chapter in his life.
He has done well in the
previous chapter so
I know the coming one
will be filled with
GREAT THINGS
for Katie, Grant
and Baby Zinn
As Grant's mother I have totally enjoyed being a part
of this adventure!





HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRANT
I LOVE YOU
and never, never forget.....

"EIGHT "plus" is enough to fill my HEART
with LOVE"

3 comments:

Katie said...

what a cute boy!!

Amanda said...

That fat baby turned into a bean pole! :) Happy birthday!!

Barb Zinn said...

His is "cute" Katie....and with his "cute" and your "beautiful" this baby will be one awesome looking baby! Can't wait to meet her.....

Amanda......it ceases to amaze me that he was the biggest and the chubbiest baby I had and he turned out so skinny! :)