YET.....another

Thursday, August 4, 2011

BIRTHDAY
in our family and that would be
GRANT ANDREW ZINN
8-6-87
(yes, Grant you are still young enough for me to put the year you were born)

I had to write something else for my title for fear no one would know this was a new post! We seem to have LOTS of Birthdays to celebrate in our family
Usually I put the cute baby pictures up on my post but I thought it would be fun to see the many sides of Grant Andrew. I was running errands today after work an I was over by Bunche Montessori School. With Grants birthday celebration on my mind it was interesting to be in Bunche neighborhood. I could close my eyes and it was just yesterday I made that drive AT LEAST twice a day but in reality it was much more. Tuesday and Friday's there was Suzuki Music class I attended with Grant. There was basketball when he was in 4th and 5th grade. Grant loved the Montessori program and was sad when it was Saturday/Sunday because he could not go to school. He loved music and the violin...... Grant has always brought much "joy" and "happiness" into my life and that of his brothers and sisters. He came into this world RESPONSIBLE which made my job much easier.......So lets see what Grant was like as he grew up!
8-6-88
Happy 1st birthday Grant
Scott gave Grant his billfold and look what he did!
One of Grant's favorite pastime from a very early age
was to COUNT $$$$. It is not to surprising he is
majoring in accounting

"the broken leg"! Eric was carrying Grant and fell on him!
The doctor put the cast on his leg at a 45 degree angel so he could not walk on it!
BUT with Grant's determination he managed to find a way and get around on his own!
Happy 3rd Birthday Grant
How he LOVED the Ghost Busters
How I loved creating the cakes

Grant was an excellent baby and little boy
but he could still think up some
crazy messes to make!
Can you see it in his "look"?
Ninja Turtles were the best

As a parent I thought it would take YEARS and YEARS before they grew up but I blinked my eyes and it happened.......
Grant went to Bunch Montessori then
onto Memorial Park Middle school
and Snider High School....
the time came and he graduated then he put his papers in to serve a mission
The call came and Grant left for two years to serve the Lord.
He served well, and loved the Hmong people.
He spent a few months home then it was time to prepare to go to
Brigham Young University
and then the time came to find an eternal companion
and what a choice one he found
Grant and Katie marred
December 18th
for TIME and ALL ETERNITY
It was a great experience to be Grant's mother as he grew up! My heart is filled with love for him and now for Katie. I know the coming years will be different from the first 20 years with Grant but it will be GOOD and EXCITING and it will make me HAPPY that we are bound by eternal ties.
I love you Grant Andrew......even if I wanted to name you Grant Isaac but was shot down by your older brothers and sisters. (oh that could be another blog posting sometime!)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!
:)
I can hardly wait to be WITH YOU on Wednesday and CELEBRATE YOUR DAY in person.

EIGHT plus is ENOUGH TO FILL MY HEART WITH LOVE!








5 comments:

The Lough Family said...

Happy birthday Granty!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Grant said...

"It WAS a great experience to be Grant's mother."
Just to let you know Mom, you are still my mother :)

Barb Zinn said...

YES, Grant I will ALWAYS be your mother and maybe my "choice" of words were wrong........ but the first 20 years as your mother was filled with me being RESPONSIBLE for YOU.....now I just get to "enjoy" the fruits of my labor. Being a mother takes on "different" things with adult children.
I am not stopping being a mother! (just to clear that up) :)

Katie said...

what a sweet post! This Grant fella seems like a pretty great guy ;)