HAPPY.....HAPPY.......happy......

Sunday, July 10, 2011

BIRTHDAY Benjamin Lee Goates


I reflect back on the first time I heard that name and it is as clear as can be. Amanda told me about this "Elder Goates" who was serving in Muncie IN when she met him. She would tell me what an "awesome missionary" he was. Ben finished his mission and returned to Utah. Amanda continued on with her Education at Ball State. One day about six months after he returned home she called me and said Ben Goates had contacted her through her Ball State E-mail and I asked her "who that was"? She said ELDER GOATES and then it clicked. Well the rest is HISTORY and how grateful we are that Ben joined our family!
Ben joined our family circle on August 13,2005
Whatever would we do without his fun filled nature?!
his determination

his drive for perfection
his dedication to family and friends??
We would be lost and we would not have the memories of fun times together
and the eternal bonds that link us as families!

Where would James be without someone to help him with his "projects"!
We know one thing for sure........ Trevor would not be HAPPY without his "friend"!

We are so happy for the events that led to the union of Ben and Amanda.
that led to...........
the moment we found out that a baby would bless all of our lives......
and that baby would be

the arrival of Owen Lee Goates


I think I close each "in law" birthday post with the same thought. It is so true. I have been blessed beyond words with EIGHT beautiful children and their choice of eternal companions have been a blessing to our family. So once again......I say how much I love the "in laws" in my family and our circle is BLESSED beyond measure with each addition to it.

EIGHT plus is ENOUGH TO FILL my HEART WITH LOVE!

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Thank you, Mom! What a sweet post and funny pictures! Some I have forgotten about or haven't seen. Thanks for being so thoughtful!! (p.s., it was actually 2005...oh so many years ago, so many kids and marriages, how DO you keep it straight! :))

Ben said...

Thank you SO MUCH for the great post. You are an amazing liar, Barb Zinn, but I won't argue with your synopsis of me as it paints me so positively! I am the one who lucked out with such a great mom-in-law, and all the great Zinns as family members. Well, except Cameron. He's wierd. ;)

Cameron said...

Oh snaps... them fightin words!