"KATHERINE DIANE PARKER ZINN"
April 11, 2011
I am unsure exactly "when" I first heard the name Katie........
but once we had the opportunity to meet her last September I was so excited to think she was going to be a part of our family.
It is interesting as my children have grown to adulthood and marry their eternal companion our family has been strengthened. It is always exciting when a new baby comes into this world and joined our family, as that child grows you wonder how life would ever be without that child because they bring so much into the family circle!
Well, it is no different with the spouses that have joined out family circle. I am so very blessed because they are all AWESOME and AMAZING!
Katie is the newest members of this group. Three years ago when we were all together for my mother's 90th birthday celebration Tam said we need a picture of the "OUTLAWS" meaning all the married spouses so someone took a picture of them.

Well, here are the "outlaws" 3 years ago AND I honestly hope they do not take serious the "outlaw" name for they are so much a part of this family. I LOVE each of them as if they were my own. Each one has strengths that brings much into our family circle. I love the poem that states:
Our family is a circle of strength and love
with every birth and every union,
the circle grows.
Every joy shared adds more love,
Every crisis faced together makes the circle
stronger."
Needless to say that is how I feel......
So on that September day when Grant and Katie flew to Indiana from Utah and I was able to spend some time with Katie Parker I knew why Grant was in love with her and she captured my heart. I felt so much "joy" that Katie wanted to be a part of our family.... She joined right in immediately. Kayla came to me that weekend they were here and said: "Grandma Barb I wish Katie was my teacher at school"! I have no doubt she has and will continue to touch many children's lives with her "enthusiasm"!


There are many things I do not know about Katie BUT: I know that I love her and I look forward to the strengths she will bring into our family. I look forward to the love she will bring into our family circle and I know the Zinn family will become even stronger because she has joined our family circle!
Happy Birthday Katie Parker Zinn
I hope you have a GREAT BIRTHDAY!
EIGHT "plus" is enough to fill my HEART with LOVE!

2 comments:
Very kind post! Happy Birthday, Katie!!
You are so sweet! Thank you for the post. I love being a part of the Zinn family!!
Post a Comment