CAMERON!
2-22-11
21 years old
I am going back in "time" for just a moment.
March 8, 1990
Thursday
Dear Cameron;
You have been here upon this earth for two weeks. I have felt many things in these two weeks and I have felt the need to express my feelings to you.
Someday, you may sit down and read my journals after I have left this earth. You will read how difficult the nine months were when I was pregnant with you. There were so many factors contributing to this. My age, I am sure was a part of it, but mostly the circumstances of our financial and temporal affairs. It was hard, very hard and I will not deny it. I feel the last year was the most difficult, challenging of my life.
BUT: as you were placed in my arms for the very first time, I looked into your eyes and the tears filled my eyes and "LOVE" filled every part of my being. I thought how narrow minded I had been. Each day my thoughts were filled with the day, how I felt and how would we get through this trial. I had not thought in terms of what was happening inside my body. I had forgot that the energy being taken from me was preparing a body for one of Heavenly Fathers spirit children. I had lost track of some of the important principles.
We are here upon this earth for a reason and a purpose. Life is not always going to be easy. We will have mountains to climb and we must remember "why we re here". I had forgot during the pregnancy, my goal was to have a baby. It is also easy for us to forget our eternal goals. We come to this earth to prove ourselves so we can return to our Heavenly Father.
Cameron, my love for you, is beyond words. I am happy you were sent to OUR family. After just two weeks, my heart is overflowing with love and gratitude for you. I wonder what our life would be like without you.
I want you to grow up with a knowledge of the gospel. I want you to gain a testimony of the gospel. I want to be an eternal family. I want our bonds of love to go beyond this earthly life.
I have learned so much since your birth! It has been a touching, spiritual experience for me.
I know Cameron you will always bring me joy and happiness. I want to be a good mother to you. I know I will make mistakes in raising you----I have with your brothers and sisters. Always know, I am TRYING my best! I hope I will never let you down.
If the first two weeks can bring me this much joy I look forward to all the years ahead of us.
My two week old Cameron, you lay here sleeping next to me. I wish I could protect you from so many things but I know I cannot. Just know I will always be there for you.
Love
Your Mother
What transpired in the 21 years since I wrote that letter??????????????????????

Well, we all know what transpired in those 21 years.......
Cameron did grow up
He did gain a knowledge of the Gospel of Jesus Christ
You grew.....and grew and grew bringing so much fun, enthusiasm, and happiness to this home! The letter was right....."YOU HAVE AND ARE A JOY TO OUR FAMILY"!
I love you for so many reasons but here are a few!
Amazing
Beautiful
Cheerful
Devoted
Enthusiasm
Funny
Good
Helpful
Independent
Joyful
Kind
Love
Mindful
Nice
Optimistic
Patient
Quiet (at times)
Red headed
Stunning
Tall
Unique
Very helpful
Winner
X-citing
YSA leader
ZINN
My life is full because of my children. Each one is different, unique and an important part of my life. I love Cameron, all the things that make him who he is. That letter brings, tears, joy and happiness into my life and my world! Because I reflect back on the 21 years....and there are more memories than anyone could share! I am grateful for Cameron being a part of this family! What he brings to our family circle. I look forward to ETERNITY with him and the rest of my family!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY CAMERON
I LOVE YOU
and don't forget.....
'EIGHT plus IS ENOUGH TO FILL MY HEART WIH LOVE!
"you go Cameron and make music upon this WORLD"!

2 comments:
Thanks for sharing, I was wondering where the 'other' part of Cameron's bday blog was!
Happy Birthday Cam!
Post a Comment