A FAMILY WORK PROJECT

Saturday, November 15, 2008
AT THE LOUGH HOUSEHOLD!

Grant and I left last Thursday early morning to drive to Vinceense IN for a roofing project and it looks like the new roof was put on "just in time"! OFF with the OLD before the NEW could be put up. The front of the house had been taken off by Ryan, Dennis and Clint (Ryan's family) by the time we got there Thursday!

After the old shingles came off all the plywood had to be replaced......Grant and Dennis were working on this piece......to get the cut exact!!


Every able body adult was busy helping..........EXCEPT ME! I got the good part of watching the children!!












Today was the most challenging day with rain coming down the entire time, temperatures dropping and gusts of winds. BUT despite this the men completed the task about Saturday about 2:30 PM .........thanks to Dennis Lough, Clint, Ryan, Grant & Ben. (Not to mention all the work Melissa did.......both "inside" and "outside"!
Of course where would this project be without the women who fed them and dried their wet clothes. Melissa was the only brave woman who helped on the roof. Amanda and I stayed clear of it! In all seriousness.......it was exciting to see what a family can accomplish when they put "team work" together! It was a GREAT WEEKEND!........and I loved my part of the contribution of the roof!

0 comments: